1. When using for the first time, remove plastic and paper from one piece of adhesive putty. It remains sticky throughout repeated use. It will also pick up dirt off a surface, such as a table in a poolroom, and will eventually, after perhaps hundreds of uses, become so saturated it will be practically unusable.
Therefore, in each package there is two or three times as much adhesive putty as is minimally needed to secure a Yin Yang Cue Rest(tm), probably, at least a one year’s supply.
2. Knead and stretch putty to make it soft and fluffy.
3. Apply putty to underside back half of the Yin Yang Cue Rest(tm) and firmly press onto surface of table or chair arm so front half extends over the edge to provide a resting place for cue. Adhesive putty seems to work best when it is as thin as possible and covers the most area.
4. After use, place plastic cover over adhesive putty to protect it while storing in case or pocket. It is not necessary that adhesive putty be stretched and repositioned between each use. When storing two Yin Yang Cue Rests(tm) it may be an advantage to use only one plastic cover between them.
5. It may be cleaned and polished with toothpaste on a soft damp rag.
6. Many players prefer to store their Yin Yang Cue Rests(tm) in the plastic bags in which they were delivered.